Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Quick and the Dead - 2 days later

I began implementing the process outlined in "The Quick and The Dead" by Scott Boulch. Since he's only released Part 1, I don't know his complete approach yet.

In Part 1, he instructs us on how to determine the product and
userid of an affiliate marketer by viewing the html source of the search results page in google. We build a spreadsheet that we use to track ad position over 7 - 30 days. I think what we are going to do is find the successful ads (which we will know by their staying power both in days and in position). I think what we are going do to in Part 2 ("The Gunfight") is then begin to run the same ad, for the same product, and track the results for every keyword we use, individually, in our adwords account!

By tracking our results by keyword, we can then eliminate the keywords that don't produce results, thereby freeing up more money to either put into our pockets, or spend on bidding up keywords that do produce results. Very tricky, and potentially very effective.

I do find the whole process tedious, and with my new glasses a little difficult on the eyes. I'm going to stick with this program though, and work a few affiliates over!
Hahaha.

I had thought about tracking each keyword in some of my campaigns, but I always opted for the easy way out, not wanting to set up a keyword for each ad in my
google adwords. He claims he has an automated system that he is going to roll out sometime in the future, which I am sure is what he is going to be selling to us. It will be worth it for the serious affiliate marketer.

Later
Dan

No comments: